The Zimbabwe Sugar Association Experiment Station (Z.S.A E.S.) serves the interests of the sugarcane industry through research, evaluation, transfer of technology, and provision of specialized services to improve sustained productivity and profitability of growing sugarcane in Zimbabwe. We seek to fill a position of Research Laboratory Technician in the Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soils. Agricultural Chemistry and Soils is involved in analyses of soil, foliar, cane irrigation water, fertilizer advisory services, research and training.
The purposes of the Research Laboratory Technician's job at the Z.S.A.E.S. are:
(i) Manage correct use and functioning, calibration and maintenance of laboratory and field equipment:
(ii) Provide laboratory resources and participate in laboratory greenhouse and field research;
(iii) Manage, supervise, control, and train Laboratory Assistants:
(iv) Enforce adherence by Laboratory Assistants and students to established and acceptable high standard of laboratory practices;
(v) Participate in sugarcane mill and laboratory audits, extension, proficiency schemes and in any other given duties.
Key Performance Areas
• Monthly, weekly and daily work plans and schedules;
• Laboratory instruments and equipment readily available for analytical work:
• Readily available and adequate supplies of laboratory stocks and reagents;
•Accurate and timely results and reports from 'analyses;
• Competent Laboratory Assistants; clean, working environment complaint with SHE Policies and Laboratory Standards of the Z.S.A.E.S.
Qualifications Skill, and Attributes
• Absolute minimum: a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Technology or in Applied Chemistry or Soil Science or Chemistry.
• A master’s degree in any one of the same field is will be an added advantage.
•A clean Class 4 Driver's License and at least three years of driving experience are a MUST.
Other attributes include: experience working at a research institution, ability to work under pressure, team player, integrity, meticulous, excellent computing skills, good judgment, maturity and knowledge of lSO 17025 - 2017.
Application letters together with certified copies of national ID and qualifications should be submitted to the following address not later than 27 February 2019:
Zimbabwe Sugar Association Experiment Station,
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: February 07, 2019
Category: Applied Sciences, Aviation
Expiry Date: Feb. 27, 2019