Security Guards Byo and Harare
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above position. The successful candidates will report to the Risk Officer.
Security guards are hired to be on the lookout for any odd or strange behaviour or event that could indicate harm. They should be able to accurately interpret whatever they see and do that quickly. They should be able to detect when something sounds off or strange, like if someone is trying to sneak into a secured area. Their senses should be alerted when someone is attempting to divert them from their job. These are the skills required for a Security Guard.
• To act quickly and to be on alert constantly in order not to be caught off guard.
• To effectively respond to any kind of dangerous situations.
• To observe everything going on in the area to ensure that there is nothing brewing and to prevent problems.
• The incumbent should report the details of the incident to his supervisor after a crisis occurs, to prevent a recurrence.
• To follow policies established by the employer and monitor things to ensure that all rules are being followed.
• To ensure safety of property and people and constantly monitoring the premise. Monitoring of the CCTV every now and again.
• In addition to all the other responsibilities the incumbent will be called upon to advise employers of security and safety precautions that should be taken.
5 ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics.
Certificate in Security.
Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience preferably.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Be a self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation.
Be computer literate and have the ability to work under pressure.
A clean class 4 driver’s licence is an added advantage.