To manage Students at a private school
1. To liaise with the Medical Centre about pupils who are unwell for any reason or in need of
2. medical attention such as dental care or physiotherapy. This may involve direct contact with
3. the school dentist, doctor or the hospital.
4. To respond to medical emergencies as well as routine appointments, escorting pupils as
5. needed. This may also include Orthodontist appointments at the parents’ request.
6. To ensure that appropriate pupil medication administration records are kept up to date and
7. that they are stored securely; to ensure the Boarding House medical cabinet and first aid kits
8. are kept stocked as appropriate and to liaise with school medical staff in order to share any
9. health or medical concerns.
10. To administer any medication in accordance with school protocol.
11. To hold and regularly update a First Aid qualification as prescribed by the school.
Pupils, Parents and Guardians
1. To be responsible (with the HsM & Tutors) for the care, supervision, cleanliness and
2. presentation of pupils in the house, coordinating and liaising with other boarding staff as
4. To liaise with parents and/or guardians of students in the house about matters concerning
5. domestic, welfare and medical issues, in consultation with the HsM.
6. To contribute to the induction arrangements for new pupils joining the house and to ensure
7. that any ‘settling in’ problems are discussed with the HsM and Tutors. To provide a
8. sympathetic presence in the house, and to be sensitive to those who are having difficulties
9. coping with school life and to liaise closely with other relevant staff concerning the progress
10. and welfare of pupils.
11. To undertake the running of the house tuck shop, including replenishing stock.
12. Boarding House Matron Job Description (May 2019) Page 2
1. To be aware of the uniform and clothing requirements of pupils. To organise house laundry,
2. oversee the repair, alterations and dry cleaning of clothing and bedding.
3. To liaise with the Domestic Operations Manager and HsM in the preparation of the boarding
4. house for any holiday lettings from external organisations.
5. At the end of term, to supervise the clearing up and cleaning of the house; to carry out a check
6. of all bedding, furniture, fixtures and fittings, preparing a list of repairs and maintenance and
7. to advise the Senior Matron about the replacement or renewal of bedding, fixtures and
9. To liaise with the Domestic Operations Manager about the instruction and induction of
10. domestic staff allocated to work in the house.
11. To ensure the safe storage of domestic materials in line with COSHH requirements.
Health & Safety
1. To undertake the basic Health and Hygiene induction at the start of term for all pupils and to
2. ensure any new pupils that join the house are fully inducted.
3. To undertake the statuary weekly fire alarms checks & complete the record sheet, reporting
4. any problems to the Chief Operating Officer and Health and Safety Co-ordinator.
5. To complete termly Boarding House Health and Safety Audits in consultation with the HsM
6. and the Health & Safety Co-ordinator.
7. To assist Maintenance with Electrical Equipment Health Checks of all pupils personal electrical
8. appliances in the boarding house; to remove any unsafe electrical goods in house that may pose
9. a Health & Safety risk; to record any items removed and liaise with HsM.
1. To be familiar with the National Minimum Boarding Standards for Boarding Schools and
2. ensure compliance with them.
3. Undergo a biannual appraisal in line with the current system.
4. To attend house boarding staff meetings as required by the HsM; to attend weekly Matrons’
5. meetings organised by the Senior Matron.
6. To be familiar with the school’s code of practice for health and safety, and its policies and
7. procedures for countering bullying, substance misuse and child protection; to be willing to
8. undertake additional training as required by the school.
9. To carry out other related duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by the
10. Principal, HsM and Senior Matron, subject only to the provision that such duties shall fall
11. within the general aim of the post.
Relevant qualification and experience
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), the functional authority of the Director of the UNESCO ...
(Job Ref: HGGS/2/2/23) Position title: Group of Schools Education Coordinator Working location: Harare Supervisor: Board of Trustees Mission of the ...
To teach French to High School students
Teaching High School student English up to A level
St Peter’s Kubatana Industrial Training College is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the below mentioned posts ...
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts. School of Engineering and Technology Polymer Technology ...
Salary: TBA Expiry Date 03 Feb 2023
Posted by Harare Institute of Technology HITView Full Ad