Purpose of the job
Develop procurement and sourcing strategies, negotiate prices with vendors, examine existing contracts,
reduce procurement costs and perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Main Focus Areas
• Develop procurement and sourcing strategies
• Supervise the processing of internal Purchase requisitions & Purchase orders from business stakeholders.
• Ensure correct GL codes and Cost Centre capturing is done for every purchase.
• Responsible for ensuring that supplier contracts are in place and are renewed on time.
• Analyse and support the implementation of company Procurement Policies.
• Interact with suppliers and other service providers to the Bank in a professional manner.
• Conduct supplier performance management as per SLAs.
• Ensure quick turnaround times for all procurements.
• Drive cost reduction and risk control in the procurement process.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
• Ability to manage stocks/ warehouse and conduct monthly stock counts.
• Inclination on tech savvy innovations in procurement systems.
• Responsible for day to day supervision and support of the procurement and stores clerks/ interns.
• Accountable for departmental reports production.
• Company Asset management duties.
• Daily fuel reconciliations and on time replenishment.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Degree/Diploma in Procurement/Supply chain management plus professional qualifications CIPS or similar
• 5 years proven working experience in Procurement
• Basic appreciation of accounting processes.
• Valid class 4 Driver’s Licence.
• Sound knowledge of ERP systems/ Microsoft Suite programs.
• Fuel & Stores management experience
Skills and Competencies:
• High degree of integrity, honesty and reliability.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive.
• Highly analytical and attentive to detail.
• Able to interact with a wider stakeholder base amicably.
• Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Deadline driven.
• Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
• Excellent Communication and Coaching Skills
• Be responsible and reliable.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to solve challenges.
• Willingness to work under pressure, weekends and on public holidays.
• Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• People management Skills
• Digital Innovation Oriented personality.
• Goal-oriented & organized team player.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain processes, policies and systems. • Fuel & Stores management
Save the Children Zimbabwe is looking for a Procurement Assistant in Bikita Location: Bikita
Job Advert: Procurement Systems Assistant Location: Harare Contract Duration: 3 Months
The ideal candidate will have a degree in either Administration & Finance OR in Transportation. An MBA would be an ...
Air Force Of Zimbabwe Recruitment 2021 HOW ABOUT A CHALLENGING AND REWARDING CAREER IN THE SERVICE OF YOUR COUNTRY? The ...
The vacancy below has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Applications are therefore being invited from suitably ...
Salary: 500-100000 Expiry Date 05 Mar 2021
Posted by Ministry of Health and Child CareView Full Ad
The following positions have arisen within the City of Bulawayo
Salary: To be ava... Expiry Date 08 Mar 2021
Posted by Bulawayo City CouncilView Full Ad