The vacancy below has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Applications are therefore being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post.
• Coordinates purchasing, warehousing, Logistics Management Information System, distribution, or procurement forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety.
• Examines existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet the Ministry outputs of an uninterrupted supply of health commodities and very minimum losses due to expiry or other wastages
• Ensures that PSM Quality Assurance activities are done according to plan
• Monitors compliance issues on all PSM activities
• Deputizes the Procurement and Supply Management Manager
• Monitors the timely execution of supply management activities funded by Global Fund grants and other donors, ensuring that supplies arrive at end users according to program delivery needs
• Ensures that the Quality assurance of PSM activities is implemented in the Ministry.
• Ensures that all health commodities bought with Global Fund moneys are received in accordance to the MOHCC guidelines -Goods receipt should be available and be confirmed by MOHCC
• Liaises with the relevant directorates/departments of the MOHCC, to ensure accurate stock level monitoring for pharmaceuticals, lab supplies and other health products procured through Global Fund grants,
• Collects and monitors data on planned shipments of essential medicines & medical supplies, Laboratory supplies and other health commodities and utilize data to inform decision making
• Prepares procurement plans and delivery schedules for health commodities
• Works closely with MCAZ to ensure that all regulatory requirements are fulfilled for all incoming shipments for essential medicines & medical supplies
• Facilitates clearance of all shipments of all health and non-health commodities for the Ministry and analyses the clearance process
• Assists in conducting logistics management training and related trainings and workshops with DLS, Programmes and DPS
• Participates with other public sector importers in customs clearing of all health and non-health commodities
• Contributes to ensuring the security and safeguarding all goods purchased through Global Fund grants
• Prepares technical and status/progress reports on health logistics system performance and implementation activities
• Ensures that the monitoring of commodities through Pharmacovigilance is done by the Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
• Coordinates the service and maintenance of Laboratory equipment and together with DLS ensure functionality and utilization of such machines
• Works closely with Laboratory services to ensure uninterrupted supply of TB and Malaria lab supplies which are fully funded
This coordination role will require regular liaison with • Directorate of Pharmacy Services (DPS), • National Programmes • Directorate of Laboratory Services (DLS), • Provincial Medical Directorates (PMDs) • The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) • National Pharmaceutical Company (NatPharm), • Clearing agents and other suppliers of services and goods to the Ministry, • the Fund Administrator to ensure proper management, availability and use of pharmaceuticals, Lab supplies and other health products
• Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Laboratory Sciences
• Must be registered with the relevant council for the profession
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management especially in a quality assurance environment
• Experience working with essential medicines programs or the laboratory services in Zimbabwe is an added advantage,
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Zimbabwe public health sector
• Familiarity with national regulations on health and pharmaceutical products and legislation of Pharmaceuticals in Zimbabwe.
• Familiarity with Global Fund Procurement and Supply Management policies and procedures, and with programmatic requirements for successful implementation of grants funded by the Global Fund
• Good reporting and writing skills in English
• Demonstrated skills in word processing and use of spreadsheets
• Ability to conduct effective public presentations
• Liaison and collaboration with government, private and NGOs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancies that have arisen in the Agency; ...
Department: OPERATIONS Reporting to: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR Main purpose of Job: This role exists to ensure returns are received, checked and ...
Reporting To: Procurement Management Unit Head Job Description: Responsible for contracts management and compliance of procurement activities with procedures, policies, ...
Galaway Management Services has been retained by one of its clients – a manufacturing company to recruit and select a ...