Willowvale Motor Industries, a leading player in the motor industry is looking to fill the position of Managing Director which has arisen. The position reports to the Board of Directors through the Chairperson.
• The company is looking for an experienced person to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. He/she will be the highest ranking official in the company and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
• The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision mission and long term goals.
• The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic course.
• Develop and execute the company's business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
• Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company's future.
• Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
• Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
• Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
• Oversee the company's financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
• Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
• Read all submitted reports by tower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
• Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
• Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
• Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position.
• Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans.
• Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
• Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices.
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA will be an added advantage.
Applications, Curriculum Vitaes and copies of relevant certificates should be forwarded by hand or via email to the following, the deadline of receipt being 30 October, 2020:
The Corporate Services Executive
Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe Limited (IDCZ)
93 Park Lane] Harare