Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following post:
Infrastructure And Networks Specialist
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position exists to provide maintenance and support to ZINARA's information technology infrastructure and networks environment. The incumbent will be expected to provide support to ZINARA staff and make significant contributions to the planning, design, development, troubleshooting and improvement of the organisation's ICT infrastructure, to meet business requirements. In addition, the Infrastructure and Networks Specialist will be required to manage and maintain network infrastructure, including Firewalls, VPNs, LANS, WANs, VOIP, Access Control Lists, general data centre and edge networking.
The position reports to the ICT Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Delivers a reliable IT infrastructure to support ZINARA's technical solutions.
2. Ensures that service levels for performance, availability and support are achieved.
3. Maintain and supports Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and Virtualisation technologies.
4. Provides maintenance and support to IBM Servers, HP Servers, and Dell Servers
5. Liaise with external service providers to ensure communications are available
6. Troubleshooting and installing the company telephone system.
7. Maintain Disaster Recovery infrastructure and network communications.
8. Maintaining network equipment asset register.
9. Investigating and identifying causes of networking problems, using diagnostic tools
10. Planning and implementing networks routine maintenance
11. Regularly backing up and safe keeping of all internetworking devices' configuration files.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. 5 Ordinary levels including Mathematics and English
2. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
3. Certification in eitherCCNP or Firewalls a must
4. Certification in database and/or knowledge of databases i.e. Oracle/MS SQL
5. Basic knowledge in programming.
6. Knowledge of service management i.e. ITIL
7. Information Technology Security certification is an added advantage
8. Minimum 5 years working experience in a Networking environment.
9. Hands on experience working with IBM servers
10. Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers
11. Experience working with VMware
Our client requires a suitably qualified candidate to fill in the position of Cyber Security Officer THE JOB
Job Purpose Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Software Engineer to join its Information Systems Technical team. ...
Job Purpose Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Systems Development Manager to join its Information Systems Technical ...
Job Purpose Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Infrastructure Manager to join its Information Systems Technical team. ...
• Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units • Installation of Electronic security systems.