Communications & MarketingnSpecialist (2 Years Contract)
Researcher Development Academy (RDA) Research Office
UCT’s Research Office seeks a highly competent and experienced communication and marketing specialist to join the newly launched Researcher Development Academy (RDA) in the Research Office. The RDA aims to contribute to developing research capacity in South Africa and on the African continent through a range of programmes designed to address the needs of researchers at all stages of their careers, in partnership with their own universities.
The successful candidate will help to raise awareness of, build a profile for and help drive recruitment for the Researcher Development Academy (RDA) in the relevant markets: South Africa and the rest of Africa. This role involves developing and implementing a multimedia communication strategy that supports the efforts of the RDA in making potential participants – including tertiary institution researchers, research offices and executives – aware of the RDA and what it offers. This includes managing and maintaining websites, writing copy, building and managing a social media presence, and developing and producing marketing materials to target the research community and other potential participants.
The incumbent must have an excellent knowledge of communication best practice. An interest in and knowledge of South Africa’s higher education sector, particularly related to research, would be advantageous.
The position is embedded within a communications and marketing hub in the Research Office’s Global Strategy and Visibility Cluster while serving the needs of the RDA. The successful candidate will be able to work independently without day-to-day guidance, while also contributing to the joint objectives of the hub and its positive culture.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining a communication and marketing strategy for the RDA, in consultation with RDA staff.
• Conceptualizing and producing marketing materials for the target audiences, including working with designers to achieve this.
• Managing one or more websites.
• Managing one or more social media accounts.
• Writing and compiling compelling content that is aligned with the strategic objectives of the RDA.
• Creatively editing and stringently proofing copy.
• Managing communications and marketing projects related to the RDA.
• Benchmarking and scoping of similar entities, and communications and marketing outputs.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R 501 200 and R 589 646.
The post is a contract for two years.
• A degree in communication/marketing or relevant tertiary qualification (NQF7).
• Extremely good written and verbal English skills.
• At least five years’ experience of media, corporate communications or marketing experience.
• At least three years’ professional writing and copy editing/proofreading experience.
• At least two years’ professional social media experience.
• Some experience with basic HTML coding, web publishing and development.
• Writing and editing skills.
• Basic design skills.
The following would be advantageous
• An ability to translate technical information into easily accessible language.
• Knowledge of the research process.
• Professional experience in a higher education environment.
• Experience working with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
• Project management experience.
To apply, please e-mail the below document in a single pdf file to: Mrs Natasha Khan at email@example.com
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc),
- Motivation letter (1 page),
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) maximum 3 pages,
- Three writing samples (one unedited) of no more than 1 000 words each, preferably showing a range of writing styles, topics and mediums across both print and online publications, and
- A description (maximum 500 words) of a communication or marketing project you have managed (e.g., a report or similar publication), preferably with a link to the output.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. An application that does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
We are looking for a Junior Brand Manager to help develop and implement effective brand-building strategies.
Applicants are invited to apply for the following position
- Our client is looking for Internal Sales Rep to join their team. Female age 23 – 30yrs. At least ...
Our client is looking for a Vehicle Sales Consultant to sell its diverse vehicle brands through its dealerships. We are ...
Some job vacancies have arisen within the Diamond Mining Company. Suitably qualified, experienced, self-motivated and task-oriented individuals are being invited ...